Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Israel To Build A Personal Rapid Transit that Extends to US - Report


image: engadget.com
"Ehh, it's not for you, Tel Aviv -- it's more of a Shelbyville idea." We doubt a company called skyTran used Lyle Lanley's pitch, but it just announced that a futuristic train test loop will be built at the Israel Aerospace Industry (IAI) campus in Lod, Israel. SkyTran's so-called personal rapid transit is a magnetic levitation (maglev) system that'll propel two-person pods along a monorail-type track. 

In theory, you'd order a car by smartphone, get picked up at a station and be whisked to your destination. The IAI trial will run at about 45 mph, but future trains will be much faster. If all goes well, the first commercial system will be built at Tel Aviv for $80 million and tracks are also planned for France, India and California. If all this smells of hucksterism, skyTrans is located on NASA's campus and is a Space Act Agreement partner -- it's not Leonard Nimoy, but it's something


Picked from Engadget

3 comments:

  1. My name is Precious Ikefoh,from Delta state,Warri.Am really dissapointed with the way my issue is been treated,I was told this is the best network and so I bought this line on the 25th of this month.Because its my first time I mistakenly recharged data plan instead of my main balance,I called the customer care line and the first person I spoke to told me they would refund it in 24hours and told me check my account balance this morning.I checked this morning and my main account balance was still empty,I called again more than three times and they told me to called every 30minutes that they were upgrading the settings to refund the money,the fourth agent I called angrily hung up on me and told me to wait for the next 24hours and have called again three times and they keep on posting me that they ar working on it,obviously they don't want to refund the money but it is very wrong because it shows that the customer service is inefficient and that this network isn't as good as I was told please refund my money today because am tired of calling your customer care since yesterday.I was told today that its how this network seize people's money in cases like this,in my case I won't tolerate that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Precious Ikefoh,from Delta state,Warri.Am really dissapointed with the way my issue is been treated,I was told this is the best network and so I bought this line on the 25th of this month.Because its my first time I mistakenly recharged data plan instead of my main balance,I called the customer care line and the first person I spoke to told me they would refund it in 24hours and told me check my account balance this morning.I checked this morning and my main account balance was still empty,I called again more than three times and they told me to called every 30minutes that they were upgrading the settings to refund the money,the fourth agent I called angrily hung up on me and told me to wait for the next 24hours and have called again three times and they keep on posting me that they ar working on it,obviously they don't want to refund the money but it is very wrong because it shows that the customer service is inefficient and that this network isn't as good as I was told please refund my money today because am tired of calling your customer care since yesterday.I was told today that its how this network seize people's money in cases like this,in my case I won't tolerate that at all.

    ReplyDelete