In lock pattern you are asked to provide the combination of dots which are arranged in grid to unlock the device. This trend is available in the smartphones which have touchscreen input.
Usually, there are two ways to fixing this issue. You can either use your Gmail account to access it or you hard reset your android device. The process is Pretty simple, you don't need to spend an extra cash to fix that. We will put you through the process in a jiffy.
If you have entered the wrong pattern five times then you need to wait for another 30 seconds to unlock the device.
Using Your Gmail Account -
- Continue to enter the unlock pattern five times until you are prompted with forgot password (forgot pattern in some handsets) at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Tap on the Forgot Password option and you would be prompted to sign in with the existing Google or Gmail account information. You need to provide the ID when you first register or activated your phone. If you have that, it would be easy to get in for you and then change the unlock pattern (atleast by now you would be remembering your unlock pattern).
- If you don’t know the Gmail ID or the password is wrong then another option is to hard reset your device.
- Turn Off your mobile phone.
- Hold the HOME button and RED Power button for 30 seconds until you see a triangle with an exclamation mark at the centre. Keep holding it even though the G1 logo shows up.
- Now you have the following four options –
- ALT + L Toggle log text display between exclamation and menu options
- ALT + S Apply SD card Update
- ALT + W Wipe data and factory reset
- HOME + BACK for reboot of your mobile
Also if you think you know some other methods to help out do not hesitate to share.