Here ae the highlights from Sunday, the 29th
- Olivier Giroud scored the only goal as Arsenal returned to the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 1-0 win over Newcastle United.
- Arsenal holding on to stretch their unbeaten league run on Tyneside to seven matches.
- Chelsea rose to third in the table after they came from behind to earn a vital three points with a 2-1 triumph over rivals Liverpool.
- Liverpool dropped to fifth after back-to-back top-flight defeats and because of Everton's 2-1 defeat of Southampton.
- Romelu Lukaku ended a five-game goal drought to help Everton return to winning ways at Goodison Park.
- Defeat for Southampton was their fourth in eight matches and leaves them adrift from the top eight.
- Roberto Soldado's fourth penalty of the season helped Tottenham Hotspur to a 3-0 win over Stoke City at White Hart Lane.The win moves Spurs up to seventh in the Barclays Premier League table, while Stoke are 12th.